Scholarships and Awards
2011 MESA Annual Meeting Student Travel Grant
Application deadline: September 15, 2011.
MESA’s Board of Directors has established a modest fund to help subsidize travel expenses for students who are presenting papers at the MESA annual meeting. For the 2011 meeting, MESA will award an as yet undetermined number of $250 grants.
For more information please visit the MESA website
- To be eligible for a travel grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- current student in a degree-seeking program during academic year 2011-12;
- current MESA student member for 2011;
- presenting a paper (panel or poster session) as part of the official MESA 2011 meeting program;
- must travel a minimum of 250 miles to attend the annual meeting;
- must not be receiving funding to attend the meeting from any other source;
- must present their paper at the MESA meeting as scheduled.
To apply, students should submit a letter of application by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail outlining their eligibility, and have their academic department chair submit to MESA a letter confirming that they are not receiving departmental support to attend the meeting.
All eligible applicants’ names will be entered into a lottery system for random selection. The awards will be announced shortly after the deadline and will be made by cash payment at the MESA meeting.
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 520-621-5850 | Fax: 520-626-9095 | Copyright © Middle East Studies Association